Table of Contents
In the highly challenging universe of football goalkeeping, achieving success in this field is more than remarkable skills and techniques. It requires the right equipment to correspond with these capabilities. To accomplish optimal performance in goalkeeping, goalkeepers demand top-notch training attire that provides them a gift of comfort, skills, and safety.
They spend their precious time and money choosing amazing equipment to develop meticulous configurations of specifications and materials to fulfill their dreams. In this blog, we are going to unlock the hidden magic of success in goalkeeper gloves.
Why is Goalkeeper Gloves important to wear before Gameplay?
Goalkeepers encounter a colossal number of injuries while playing football especially, when they dive, slide, and save. That’s why all the protective training gear is crucial for goalkeepers, especially a pair of gloves with finger protection technology to enable stability, comfort, and safety during play. Don’t forget to wear goalkeeper gloves before gameplay, you can trust these credible gloves. They perform like a protective shield against dislocation and injuries and offer a strong grip to snatch the fastest throwing balls.
Which best goalkeeper gloves are worn by top MLS Keepers?
• Colorado Rapids always prefer Rinat Uno Alpha finger support gloves from the Rinat brand. These rubber-made goalkeeper finger protection gloves feature an Omega grip on the fingers and Omega Resistance on the central body. Additionally, there’s an elastic wristband accompanied by an elastic ATEX strap.
• Andre Blake is known to sport the Phantom Fire & Ice Blade Pro gloves designed by West Coast Goalkeeping. It features portable finger saves with a tiny flex pocket, negative hybrid cut palm, double elastic wrist strap, Lightweight Backhand with Dual Layer Punch Zone, and internal silicone grip. These features make it one of the most comfortable and dreamy gloves you will ever see.
• LA Galaxy’s Jonathan Bond loves to wear Adidas Predator Pro PC White Spark gloves because they are characterized by tiny spikes that adorn the entire backhand of the gloves. This design, referred to as DEMONSKIN, is strategically created to offer comprehensive 360-degree control. David De Gea also wears Adidas Predator Edge Pro goalkeeper gloves.
• If you’re a goalkeeper and want to emulate Sean Johnson’s proficiency, it’s crucial to pay heed to his glove’s selection. The secret to Johnson’s mesmerizing performance is Nike GK Vapor Grip 3 gloves. These gloves incorporate an extensively ventilated design at the rear of the hand, ensuring that your hands remain in an upward position throughout the whole play game. Its latex straps will keep you optimistic and vigilant in difficult circumstances.
• Joe Willis is mostly found with West Coast’s Quantum Exo Lockdown in the playground. Immerse yourself in the features of The Lockdown gloves, which encompass an ultra-flexible backhand, a dual elastic wrist system, a punch zone, a negative palm layout, and an internal silicone grip.
Benefits of Goalkeeper Gloves
Strong Grip and performance
Goalkeeper Gloves are designed with such material that offers a firm grab on the ball. This strong grip enables the goalkeeper to catch high balls easily and hold on crosses. You can control balls with your fingers and perform very well by using perfect Gloves.
Protection and Support
Safety is always the first priority in every field of life. Thanks to padding and cushioning texture in gloves that assist to reduce the impact of brutal shots and collisions. They provide a strong protective shield to your hands against abrasions and potential injuries.
Gift of Comfort
The aspect of comfort is always kept in mind when goalkeeper gloves are designed. Breathable material and ergonomic design of gloves to minimize discomfort and sweating during hectic matches or training sessions under the tropical sun.
Boost up Confidence and personality
Wearing Gloves can enhance a goalkeeper’s composure as they believe they have a better opportunity to make amazing saves due to firm grip and control. Elegant and cutting-edge design of gloves makes Goalkeeper’s looks handsome, professional and center of attraction among the audience.
Goalkeeper gloves are mostly represented by sports equipment companies or club and team sponsors with brand logos and ergonomic designs. It assists to encourage and introduce different brands among spectators and gain popularity.
Goalkeeper gloves are available in a colossal number of sizes, colors, materials and designs that permit the goalkeeper to present their individual preference and sense of style.
How can you make the right choice?
The ideal material for the glove’s palm is latex, known for its exceptional grip and long-lasting performance. Numerous varieties of latex are available in the market such as German Contact latex, Giga, Mega latex, Quartz and Super soft latex. It comes in two textures in the market: Smooth and Dimpled Palm. Match performance thrives with smooth palm which assists goalie to grape ball while dimpled Palm is ideal choice for training sessions due to robust grip and durability.
There are numerous types of wrist straps that are accessible for gloves in the market now. Certain ones come with straps of fixed length while others offer elasticity to adjust the strap according to your wrist. Type of wrist strap you choose indicates your preference and personality style on the field.
The punch zone refers to the area on the back of your hand that extends from slightly below your knuckles to your fingertips. Goalkeepers utilize this specific region of glove to expose the ball as they form a fist to deliver an energetic punch and secure the ball’s safe trajectory. Some goalkeepers love flat silicone printing on the punch zone while others prefer 3D rubber punch zone. The selection of punch zones is a matter of personal choice.
It is strongly recommended to use perspiration-producing gloves during the sweltering summer months as the tropical sun causes hand sweating. SSG Supremo II glove range from Ho Soccer is perfect choice for outdoor training sessions. These lightweight gloves with a breathable fabric on the back hands dry all the time.
You should also always keep in mind whenever you want to buy goalkeeper gloves that gloves maintain the adequate level of warmth in the bone-chilling cold season. Here’s a hidden nugget of wisdom, when temperature drops below 35 degrees Fahrenheit, only a few gloves succeed in preserving a goalkeeper’s hand and finger heat beyond a timeframe of 20 to 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions About Goalkeeper Gloves
How can I measure my Hands?
Determine the circumference of the broadest section of the palm, encompassing the thumb, and round up to the nearest higher inch. Evaluate the length of the hand starting from the middle finger’s tip to the point where the base of the substantial thumb area meets the wrist. Round up to the nearest higher inch.
What is a glove cut?
Glove cut is also known as palm cut and refers to the style of the palm. Different types of gloves have different specifications and features that play a vital role in overall performance gloves. Some common glove cuts are Flat cut, roll finger cut, Negative cut and Hybrid cut. Negative cut is most popular among professional Goalkeepers because it offers good contact with the ball.
How frequently should you clean your goalie gloves?
Maintaining goalie gloves are crucial for goalkeepers and spectators. It’s highly recommended to wash your goalkeeper gloves on a weekly basis to prevent birth of bacteria and potential skin allergies.
Also Read –